14 October 2009

Food


This is a difficult time of year for me to eat healthy as bags of Halloween candy lurk around every corner in the market. My downfall is the Reese's peanut butter cup - in any size. I am an addict so it doesn't matter what color the wrapper is, big, little, miniature.... I'll take whatever I can get my hands on.
Happily, I came across the Clif Builder bar with a WHOPPING 20 grams of protein and the bonus is that it doesn't taste like you are sucking on a penny. I have to say most meal replacement bars have so many vitamins and minerals that you can taste them while your eating it which might not be a problem if you are running a marathon but certainly is a problem if you are eating one at your desk with a vending machine within a stone's throw.
Trader's has them for $1.49 and they are pretty good. I usually eat 2/3 of it around 10:00 AM and that keeps my tummy happy until lunchtime which can happen anytime between 11:30 and 1:00 depending on my schedule and then finish off the rest of the bar in the afternoon.

2 comments:

kate said...

zomg. reeses. Now I don't want to eat my ultra-healthy samosa pocket thingy for lunch. I want to go to the store and buy a bag of reese's miniatures (my favorite delivery form for the reese's pb and chocolate delight, because it has a slightly higher salty pb ratio...), and EAT THEM ALL.

Thanks for the inspiration, dude.

Oh, wait. The post was supposed to be about how those energy bars were yummy and did a good job satisfying the snack-urge, right? Funny, all I got from your post was REESES, REESES, I WANT REESES... Ah, Kate has a broken head...

Wishing 4 One said...

Um i would stick to the reeses man. I'm bad I know. They are sooo different here in Cairo, not like back home. You are better than me.