I know, it's been two weeks since I've last posted. This is not a pattern, the last two weeks have been hmmmmmm what are words I'm looking for... wacky, I guess really sums it up.
I have....
been selected for jury duty, selected for a trial, rendered a guilty verdict that was someones 3rd strike (minor detail was not revealed until 2nd phase of trial, BTW) and that was only 4 of the last 15 days.
had the pleasure of being told that Duane has hired a lawyer (it's going to get ugly)
gone on a date with a man that is older than my father (fortunately I have a young dad) and in better shape than anyone I know. He just finished a 50 mile bike ride and *seems* to have it together(financially/emotionally/physically). A second date is scheduled but I am not sure if it will take place. I'll keep you posted....
have developed a new game plan for my life.... wanna hear?
OK, hear it goes. Clearly, I need pass the CSET in order to become a teacher - no two ways about it. School is school and will always be there... it pains me to say this but I will *more likely than not* NOT graduate this December because in order to do so I have to obtain a student teaching contract and in order to do this I would need to obtain need an intern eligible letter from my school and they will only write this letter with the ENTIRE CSET having been passed.
Ironic, how everything hinges on something else - such is life. I've been in touch with some districts who happen to be willing to hire with only one of the CSET components being passed so in the off chance/rarer than rare and on the level of winning the lottery I actually get hired for the 2009-10 school year, it will be short of a mirrrrrrracle. These positions are just so few and far between and hey -guess what? I am not the only one that is having challenges passing the CSET? WHO KNEW????? I would also like to include that the chance of getting hired, in this economy/ with a million other SPED teachers looking for work is probably somewhere along the lines of meeting/having dinner with/and participating in amazing, earth shattering, mind bending, passionate sex with Anthony Bourdain.

A girl can dream - right?
I am working on plan B and it involves either becoming a teacher in another state or becoming a Professional Anthony Bourdain groupie.......
2 comments:
Ooh. Jury duty. Fun! I did that once for a trial that went on for a MONTH. Yeah. Total blast.
Duane is toast, lawyer or not. Let it get ugly. You are one tough ass chick, and you also happen to be in the right (even if CA is a no-fault state...).
Hmm. The date sounds intriguing. Can't wait to hear more!
And yes. Mirrrracles are needed these days. It is an extremely shitty time to be looking for a job (says the graduate...). You passed one part, and even if it's difficult, I know you can pass the second one.
I am so 100% in love with your B plan. Groupies get paid, right?
Dood! I just heard- I hope you're okay after that quake! Scary...
Post a Comment