18 February 2010

Lent

I swear this won't turn into a blog about my religious struggles or religion in general... a mere coincidence that I am blogging about religion 2 times in a row.

Last night I went to a fish restaurant with a good friend Regina, whom I've known since I was 18. I don't know why I just typed that but I guess I felt it was important... for some reason. She is the kind of person that knows me so well sometimes it's SCARY. Also the kind of friend who is not only quick to call me on my *shit* but does it in such a way, you feel appreciative and reminded that she truly cares about you all at the same time. Did I mention she is a KICK ASS mother. No, not a muther, but a mom - an an amazingly wonderful, patient mom. We both had wiped our ashes off of our forehead and "caught-up" about our lives. Spending time with this calm presence of a friend is less like work and more like therapy. She listened openly and intently about my feelings regarding *all items mentioned in my last post* without being judgemental, and being only happy that my soul has been fed.

Thinking about our friendship and it's importance to me gave me an idea about what I will do for Lent. Typically, during lent, something is given up however I decided this year that I will take one person in my life, for the forty days of Lent, I will think good thoughts and pray for one friend a day for the forty days. I know I have forty people in my life, my goal is to continue this - gasp - even after lent. As my dad says when he doesn't want to disappoint me by saying the word no, We'll see.

Other things I hope to accomplish during this time of introspect

Pass the CSET
Get Active
Take and post more pictures
Get back in touch with my blogging community



2 comments:

kate said...

I think that sounds like a lovely idea for this year's lenten season. I was a horrible Christian, and NEVER made it through lent without reneging on my commitment to whatever thing I was giving up. And each year, I would set progressively lower and lower goals for myself, and I would fail each year no matter what. But if I had set a goal of doing something for other people, I may have been able to stick with it. Who knows?

Ah, and I am in full support of your desire to reconnect to your bloggy community and to post more often! That's an AWESOME thing to work toward! I mean, the rest of your goals are great, also, but I'm most excited about the last two!

ApronStringsEm said...

Woo-hoo! Let's here it for non-traditional Lenten traditions! And *I* got to be one of the first!! We're just total rebels, aren't we?! LOL!

As for the other goals ... I have every confidence you will be successful in accomplishing them!