I just... well, at least they aren't a burden on anyone else. They keep the crazy up inside their compound and live this life that they really believe in. It's so weird to me, watching them, because my personal beliefs couldn't be more different, but somehow, it's nice to see someone with a dedicated view actually sticking to their beliefs and doing what is necessary to make it work for their family.
Um, not that I have any intention of doing it myself, but I do often joke with H about doing a Duggar/Suleman/Gosselin move and having three octo-pregnancies and thus surpassing all three media sideshows in one fell swoop. More kids than Michelle, more sets of multiples than Kate and taking Nadya's path twice more than she has.
I am completely and utterly with you on this one Kara. They scare me. I totally think they need to stop. They're one "second-wife" away from being one of those creepy polygamist compounds. They're just so convinced that this is what God wants for them and they're "shocked" with each new baby... someone make them take a high school health class please, haha.
I have read about this "family's" show, we dont get it here yet. They seem strange and a bit whacked, are they? Maybe they should give us IF'ers all a few...can you imagine the un-doing we'd have to do? Um, no thanks, I'll keep waiting thank you.
I don't know what to think about them. I mean, they seem to do a good job of raising their children and honestly seem to love them. Which is much better than other, more recent developments in the "YIKES-how many babies?" families out there.
But I just don't think it's okay. I know that's me being judgemental and I know I shouldn't. But how do you give equal time and attention and love to that many? How do you not end up using your other children to assist you?
And, as always, being me and being selfish, dammit, I just want one. And maybe that's what's at the heart of it for me.
4 comments:
I just... well, at least they aren't a burden on anyone else. They keep the crazy up inside their compound and live this life that they really believe in. It's so weird to me, watching them, because my personal beliefs couldn't be more different, but somehow, it's nice to see someone with a dedicated view actually sticking to their beliefs and doing what is necessary to make it work for their family.
Um, not that I have any intention of doing it myself, but I do often joke with H about doing a Duggar/Suleman/Gosselin move and having three octo-pregnancies and thus surpassing all three media sideshows in one fell swoop. More kids than Michelle, more sets of multiples than Kate and taking Nadya's path twice more than she has.
Yeah. Great idea...
I am completely and utterly with you on this one Kara. They scare me. I totally think they need to stop. They're one "second-wife" away from being one of those creepy polygamist compounds. They're just so convinced that this is what God wants for them and they're "shocked" with each new baby... someone make them take a high school health class please, haha.
I have read about this "family's" show, we dont get it here yet. They seem strange and a bit whacked, are they? Maybe they should give us IF'ers all a few...can you imagine the un-doing we'd have to do? Um, no thanks, I'll keep waiting thank you.
I don't know what to think about them. I mean, they seem to do a good job of raising their children and honestly seem to love them. Which is much better than other, more recent developments in the "YIKES-how many babies?" families out there.
But I just don't think it's okay. I know that's me being judgemental and I know I shouldn't. But how do you give equal time and attention and love to that many? How do you not end up using your other children to assist you?
And, as always, being me and being selfish, dammit, I just want one. And maybe that's what's at the heart of it for me.
Post a Comment