02 January 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch- Changes

I love blogger but the backgrounds are so blech..... and I am not talented/smart enough to do the whole custom background thing.

I have a mad case of the Sunday blues and I think I have been awake for about 15 minutes, this is not a good sign.  I hate my job.

Wait

No - I don't HATE my job, I HATE the commute, I love the people I work with and I am burned out on the work I am doing.   I also do not like looking for new jobs and feeling like I have to put on that face - you know the " I am fab, you know you love me - dah-ling" hire-me face.  Also, I am getting old and I don't like change.  Ok, I know I sound cantankerous but that is just how I feel today.

Handsome's kids return to Wisconsin and it makes me sad, we will have the five year old for a few more days and then he goes home to Oregon.   The loss is unbearable to think about, we will not see them until summer unless we fly to go see them which may or may not happen.  Phone calls and letters will take place - but you know it's not the same and especially with as quick as how kids grow.

We still have our holiday decorations up and I refuse to take them down while we have kiddos in the home.  

It can all wait.

*************

Last summer I read this book, Ex-etiquette for parents.  It was amazing, life- changing and why, yes - I did want to mail a copy to handsome's baby mama's.  I've also been on the bonus families website, the author's site for the book and an amazing resource.  Topics covered are all things that we have been experiencing so it was like finding gold when I found the book at the library and finding the website was another complete a-ha moment.

I was able to talk to a counselor the site has to offer who wants to put me in touch with the book's author(s) who handle mediation in Northern California and finally feel like we might be able to get somewhere in helping to create a better relationship for handsome, me and his kids.

We will see what happens.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Go to etsy. You can pay someone to do it for you for $40, maybe less!

I hear you on not liking change. The older I get, the harder it is.