26 May 2010

Bret Michaels




There are few people in life that I find so repulsive that the mere mention of their name causes me to shiver, gag and feel like vomiting. Sadly, BM was the highest- ranking member of this group and then he almost died.

Not being able to take my eyes away from the train wreck that was "Rock of Love" helped further develop of this utter disgust regarding BM. Who could forget the spoof Saturday Night Live did about "Rock of Love" and Amy Poehler, as the slutty, amputee contestant trying to win his heart. If you think it sounds funny, oh are you in for a treat. I searched, tirelessly - well ok, for about 10 minutes on the Internet and couldn't find it. Classic, pure funny and you will pee your pants from laughing - truly a must see.

I still couldn't stand him, but then he appeared on "The Apprentice" and then I began to tolerate him- dare I say, like him? Oh, train wreck with your bandanna, long hair and cowboy hats??? So Jose Eber. TRAIN WRECK.....Absolutely, he was ALL.OVER.THE.MAP. Consistently inconsistent and just a big, freaking -spaz.

Then he almost died and I felt sad (surprisingly, it wasn't about the mean things I said or felt). I am not sure why I felt sad but I did and actually I became concerned for his health and well being. I am gonna blame it on my dad, the whole heart attack, near death experience has humbled me toward men.... I know. Totally weird.

Then I watched him win the season finale and for the love of God - how big of motherflower biotch is Holly Robinson Peete ??? While I wanted her to win because her foundation Hollyrod supports families with children who have Autism I was so relieved and happy that she didn't win because she is just a really big bitch - or at least that is how she was edited to look on the show. I really, honestly hope she is completely different in real life.

Back to BM on the Apprentice finale, he won- I mean HE.WON. The camera panned the audience and focused on an older man wearing a bandanna a la BM and older woman with teased blond hair - his parents. Who looked like their son just gave the commencement speech at Harvard, as valedictorian heading off to Oxford for Graduate school or watching their rock star son win Celebrity Apprentice which might rate as the equivalent....in some alternate universe. Donald Trump hired him, for what- I am unsure of. I think he gets to play celebrity judge next season like Joan Rivers did this season but getting hired by "The Donald" WHOA......
Total street cred... because, being a rock star really isn't enough for me especially with such winning lyrics about roses and thorns.

Tonight I watched BM sing on American Idol and wear a Bob Marley shirt and all I could think of was ROCK ON!!! and wonder when is "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" going to end.


1 comment:

kate said...

I found my opinion of BM changing after having seen a couple of interviews with him. "Rock of Love" just nauseated me, but not necessarily because of him-- I just don't know where they find these women willing to be such trampish, trashy whores. Of course, were it not for him the show wouldn't exist, so I can't take too much blame away from him, but still. I kind of felt bad, too, when he became ill. Maybe it's because I've dated a couple of guys back in the day who were type 1 diabetics and it's a hard life, so I get that health concerns, even small ones, can be a really big deal when compounded by insulin-dependent diabetes.

But yay. Good for him for winning. I can't say I followed the show (though I did catch the occasional clip), but I'm glad he was able to take on a somewhat more serious endeavor and do well with it.