02 May 2010

Washington DC

We leave at the end of the month for DC, it will be our first visit. We will have a total of five days and plan to maximize every minute of the day. This is not a relax on the beach vacation... of course we will need to plan one once we return home.

We have on our list the following:

Brookland/Northeast- US National Arboretum

Cap Hill - Library of Congress and Supreme Court

Downtown - White House *highly unlikely*... we only gave 4 months notice to Sonny Bono's 2nd wife who is also our congressional representative (only in California, where the governor is the TERMINATOR) and the Spy museum

Dupont Circle -National Geographic Museum

Foggy Bottom - Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts

Other items include....National Gallery of Art, Smithsonian, US Holocaust Memorial Museum,Georgetown University and a visit to NPR with the hopes of meeting Carl Kasell


Have you been? Do you live in DC? What was on your list?

1 comment:

kate said...

AHHH!!! D.C. is so close, yet so far away. If it were any less than 5 hrs from here, I'd demand a time slot!

As for what to do, my mom's BF used to live there and we visited her several times. I really dug the museums (all of the Smithsonians and the Holocaust museum). And if you're into monuments, it might be worth it to take a "monument" tour bus thingy (it's hard to drive around and then to find parking and all that to go to each of the monuments). I was impressed with the Capital building, and the Supreme Court, but never made it to the White House. I don't know much about the other sites you listed.

I hope you guys have fun!!!