Purchasing tickets the day of the even... at 5:50 PM, over the phone, knowing they would close in ten short minutes provided that extra edge I like to have in my day to day life. Walking briskly to will call we excitedly picked up the tickets only to turn directly around and see that our local Public radio station was handing out FREE tickets. We walked over to their concession, explained what we had done and they decided to upgrade our seats to the 2nd row after the orchestra pit which were just amazing seats.
I am not sure if they had announced the free ticket giveaway during a time I wasn't listening or if they sent me an email and it went to the "junk" folder. The lady handing out the tickets could really have cared less about how I *missed* however they announced this ticket giveaway and frankly, I just wanted to get my paws on an upgrade. I gave her the tickets that we had just purchased as a Thank you - I figured it was the least I could do and wanted to repay somehow. Several minutes later, sipping on some Chardonnay, I asked Handsome- Why didn't we call someone, it's still a 1/2 hour before the show. Neither of us had a good answer.
This morning I spoke with my mother who I gave all the details of our fabulous night out and then reminded me that she had nothing to do last night, loves David Sedaris and next time maybe her BOZO daughter should just call her mother. It would have been a great Mother's Day present as well.... What a moron I am.
2 comments:
Oh, how I LOVE David Sedaris! I've seen him twice now, and every time, I laugh my ass off. He's the best. I'm glad you had a good time. And yeah, next time, you'll remember to call someone, I'm sure! That would have been a faboo Mother's Day gift!
OMG ... another reason why all of us should be hanging out together. I *love* Sedaris as well ... although some of his more "maudlin" stuff kinda get me, well ... maudlin, too. LOL!
Post a Comment